[OSM-talk] Why isn't any XAPI server available ?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 16:24:11 GMT 2011

The demand for XAPI is very high but it is currently only running on one
quite small server, so requests will quite often fail.

The main server, called Fafnir[1], has only 4Gb of ram and low end disk
storage.  It's doing the best it can but there is always more demand for
XAPI queries than it can handle.

There was a second server called hypercube that was provided by
Telascience.  However this was migrated to a virtual machine a couple of
months ago and has not, since then, been able to bear much load.  I'm hoping
there will be an upgrade to this server that might help, but don't know when
that will happen.

More XAPI servers running on good hardware is the only realistic solution.

80n

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Servers/fafnir