[OSM-talk] Why no link from osm.org to osmbugs.org?

Mitja Kleider mitja at kleider.name
Sun Feb 20 00:13:29 GMT 2011

Hello Nic,

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 02:01 +0200, Nic Roets wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Mitja Kleider <mitja at kleider.name> wrote:
> > I agree it needs some updates. I did not want to spend my time on
> > services that are going to be replaced anyway. I would still prefer
> > integration into osm.org, but am lacking interest in learning rails.
>
> Have you considered doing it with JSONP calls ? From what I
> understand, it would remove the requirement for hosting it on the same
> server as the rails server.

The API was already extended to support JSONP for cdauth's map (now
FacilMap [1,2]). It features an OpenStreetBugs layer. As far as I
remember this code was used in the OpenStreetBugs rails port branch.

> I also think OSB can be adapted for many other purposes. Like
> anonymous crime reporting on a map.

It was adapted for other purposes in the Philippines, but for all
purposes (except OSM bug reports) that come to my mind Ushaidi [3] is
the better solution.

Mitja

[1] http://facilmap.org/
[2] http://gitorious.org/osblayer