[OSM-talk] Zero tolerance on imports

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Sun Feb 20 23:58:50 GMT 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 15:35 -0800, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

> I find tracing endless residential subdivisions from aerials to be a chore
> and no fun.

I know many who disagree, fortunately.  Last year I was laid up in bed
for around 3 months after surgery, just after hi-res aerial imagery
became available for my area.  I spent many many hours tracing unmapped
areas, or even tracing paths and other data of value.

Some people like to get out on-the-ground and map, but from my own
experience, if you want to contribute to the project you'll do it
however you can, whether that is tracing, walking tracks or driving
around streets.

David