[OSM-talk] Zero tolerance on imports

Peter Budny peterb at gatech.edu
Mon Feb 21 18:03:23 GMT 2011

Okay, even if we accept that -- and many OSM mappers do not, which is
why there are tens of thousands of route relations in the database --
who is going to add all those ref tags?

You haven't addressed the original problem, which is that there is a lot
of editing to be done, some of which is tedious and easily performed by
computers.

~ Peter Budny

Kevin Peat <kevin at kevinpeat.com> writes:

> You don't need a route relation to do that just a ref tag.
>
> Kevin
>
> On 21 February 2011 17:40, Jean-Marc Liotier <jm at liotier.org> wrote:
>
>     Navigation, for starters : turn-by-turn indications are improved by being
>     able to mention "turn left on route 35".
>
>     Besides, it is static geographic data which fits OpenStreetMap's basic
>     purpose, so as long as it does not step on anyone's toes it is relevant
>     even if there is only one user.

Peter Budny  \
Georgia Tech  \
CS MS student  \