[OSM-talk] Zero tolerance on imports

Kevin Peat kevin at kevinpeat.com
Mon Feb 21 18:42:55 GMT 2011

Peter,

I have nothing against automated edits in general as long as they are
useful, are tested properly and don't overwrite other people's efforts
without agreement. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I think the
difficulty in contacting contributors in an area makes that hard to do.

I am not interested in contributing to Waze but I have skimmed their forums
out of curiosity and they don't seem to have any answers to these problems
as far as I can see. They may have traction in the US but the Waze map of
the UK looks like it was drawn by a five year-old.

In the case of Josh Doe's centreline data if he can't do it himself he
should try to team up with someone who can produce a tool to compare the
highway geometries in the two data-sets and take it from there. Maybe you
could give him a hand with that or know someone who might help?

Kevin