[OSM-talk] Crisis mapping - assistance requested for infrastructure mapping in Christchurch

Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 28 01:37:49 GMT 2011

"Robin Paulson" robin.paulson at gmail.com wrote on 25/02/2011 at 11:42:35 +1100
subject "[OSM-talk] Crisis mapping - assistance requested for infrastructure mapping in Christchurch" :

> Hi OSM mappers,
> As most of you are probably aware, we had a severe earthquake in
> Christchurch, New Zealand this week, killing over 100 people and
> demolishing or damaging hundreds, possibly thousands of the following:

I created a Garmin gmapsupp.img with OSM data and additionally the
map from www.nzopengps.org as extra layers as it has good data too.

On the Garmin device, go to "Map Info" and deactivate the nzopengps
layers in order to see the OSM layers.

I have put the download of this Garmin map on my web page (normally
used only for New Caledonia maps):
www.oesterlin.ile.nc/gps

Feel free to give feedback!

--