[OSM-talk] Crisis mapping - assistance requested for infrastructure mapping in Christchurch

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 01:48:37 GMT 2011

On 28 February 2011 14:37, Hendrik Oesterlin <hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> I created a Garmin gmapsupp.img with OSM data and additionally the
> map from www.nzopengps.org as extra layers as it has good data too.

it does indeed - this is government-derived data, originally sourced
from LINZ, and even better quality once NZ open GPS get their hands on
it

> On the Garmin device, go to "Map Info" and deactivate the nzopengps
> layers in order to see the OSM layers.
>
> I have put the download of this Garmin map on my web page (normally
> used only for New Caledonia maps):
> www.oesterlin.ile.nc/gps

there's also a .png tile set available of the original (LINZ) data.
got to http://www.openstreetmap.org.nz/
click the '+' at top-right
select "LINZ - Joe Richards import"

we're working on the import of this into osm

--
robin

http://tangleball.org.nz/ - Auckland's Creative Space
http://openstreetmap.org.nz/ - Open Street Map New Zealand