[OSM-talk] Addresses

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 23:57:34 GMT 2011

Tricky because of the accuracy.

My money would be to add a two fields and put the lat and long coordinates
in there.  I'd also use a database rather than Excel such as SQL server
there are better validation tools available.

Then you really need manual verification you have the correct location.
I've dropped some items in by address in Ottawa, you can get close but you
need to verify because a shopping Mall may have a single street address so
many stores have the same address.

If I think in terms of a database for people that feeds multiple needs eg
HR, phone etc.  You sort of need a key such that you can key a building then
link it to other information such as name, opening hours, phone number etc.

Since you have a Microsoft email address think in terms of OSM is an XML
file and then think Biztalk.  You may want to email me a little off line on
this since this is more electronic map than OSM normally likes to think of
itself.

Cheerio John