[OSM-talk] New user mistakenly nuking things

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 07:33:21 GMT 2011

So I have a new user in my city (yay!) and he actually wants to use
OSM for an interesting project because "The details are much more
accurate that Google." So that's awesome :)

Unfortunately he accidentally nuked a bunch of nodes in one area. He
tried to re-add them but he didn't get them all. He has also added
some things and then re-deleted them. I am in contact with him trying
to figure things out but for those who have experience reverting
things: How hard would it be to revert all his changesets and "reset"
the map to the way it was a few days ago? I'm not actually asking for
a revert (yet) because I'm still discussing it with him but I wanted
some input from someone with reverting experience. I wasn't sure how
it would turn out with multiple add/delete cycles going on.

Here is a list of his changesets:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Kiwijt/edits

Thanks
Toby