[OSM-talk] How do I get higher-resolution imagery in JOSM?

Tue Jan 11 04:37:17 GMT 2011

At 2011-01-07 06:43, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>Both Yahoo and Bing have nice imagery in the Orlando area:
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=28.417946&lon=-81.491858&zoom=20
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=potlatch2&lat=28.417946&lon=-81.491858&zoom=20
>But I cannot get JOSM to load this quality. Is there a trick I'm missing?

In the case of Yahoo, the max resolution available via JOSM is a poor
1.6m/pel (160m zoom level in JOSM) because of the API we're allowed to use.
The other APIs (including that supported by maps.yahoo.com) have access to
higher zoom levels and the higher-res imagery.