[OSM-talk] Why I don't use JOSM (was Re: Non-map-based OSM editor)

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:40:45 GMT 2011

2011/1/24 Sebastian Klein <bastikln at googlemail.com>:
> Anthony wrote:
>>
>> If I take notes of which parts I find least intuitive (the parts I
>> have to RTFM about, like how to reopen those right-side toolbarish
>> windows), would anyone be interested in them?
>
> Yes, concrete ideas for improvement would be appreciated.

I'd like to recall an UI-"idea" already mentioned some years ago: get
rid of the icons in the lower left and have the windows/tabs on the
right turned on and off with a new menu on the top: "windows" or
similar. This is IMHO how most programs handle this. These icons tend
to be confusing for beginners and the more plugins you have installed,
the worse it gets (you have to scroll because they have filled up the
left border).

cheers
Martin