[OSM-talk] Search by Key

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Jan 29 13:48:50 GMT 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Mahsa Ghasemi
<m.ghasemi at student.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> I am trying to search a specific key in an area, but I do not get any
> results. Does any one knows what I should do if I want to have all the map
> elements that are tagged with a specific key? as an example "amenity,
> Melbourne".

If you expect to make this sort of query often, you should set up a
local "minutely" database and query it.  You'll get to make queries
that are more interesting than simple rectangular bounding boxes
searches, and you won't have to rely on an additional external
service.

Best regards,
Richard

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Minutely_Mapnik