[OSM-talk] Street Addresses

John Harvey john at JohnHarveyPhoto.com
Sat Jan 29 17:47:22 GMT 2011

Hey!

So I'm trying to figure out the street address thing.  Some POI's have
street addresses.  Some nodes in buildings have street addresses.  Some
cities have more address data (Paris and Denver come to mind), some have
nearly none (New York).  If I had to guess I would say less than 1% of
POI's/Building have address data (US Wide) and I suspect Europe isn't
much further ahead (10%?)

Some cities have addr:interpolation.  Toronto is an amazing example
(thanks CanVec and the people who imported the data):
http://osm.org/go/ZX6DTTVf9--

So I was looking at http://www.ridethecity.com/ .  They seem to have
street addresses for New York and Vancouver, cities that seem to have
poor address info in the main data.

Am I missing something?  Is there another file besides the plant.osm
that has addresses?

Thanks for the info.

John