[OSM-talk] New tool in Potlatch 2 for areas that share a way

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 02:44:09 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Daniel Sabo <danielsabo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now Potlatch doesn't even render landuse multipolygons though, so there's not much incentive for people to click a button like that :).
>
> I do appreciate that my pro-multipolygon perspective comes from working primarily with JOSM where they've gotten very easy to use, Potlatch users probably are as annoyed by working with my multipolygons as much as I am by their collinear ways.

I'd like to have a better understanding of support for multipolygons
across different renderers and editors. For example, does mapnik
support mp's on *all* tags, or is it case-by-case?

I think I agree with your earlier point that mp's are better than
colinear ways, but colinear ways are still better than parallel ways
for areas that do actually touch.

Steve