[OSM-talk] Hitting reset on talk-au

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:35:57 BST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:

> **
> If it is UK Ordnance Survey data that is the issue, we now have direct
> clarification from them that they have no objection to continued
> distribution of data derived from their OS OpenData under under the ODbL. At
> the moment, this excludes Code-Point Open, (postcode) data. Hope that helps.

The statement from the OS did not specify what content license was to be
used for their content.  They did not explicitly mention that their content
could be included using the DbCL.

My understanding is that the OpenData license would be the one that was
applicable unless a more permissive license was *explicitly* granted by
them, which it was not.

Is this a correct reading of how things stand at the moment or have OS
subsequently clarified that they are happy for their content to be licensed
using DbCL within a database that is protected by ODbL?