[OSM-talk] Hitting reset on talk-au

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Jul 11 16:53:05 BST 2011

Am 11.07.2011 14:46, schrieb Brendan Morley:
> On 11/07/2011 8:08 PM, Simon Poole wrote:
>> It's really up to -them- to remedy the mistakes -they- made (ABS2006
>> import and similar).
>
> I'm sad to think you characterise ABS2006 as a "mistake".
The import was made at a point in time when it was clear that the
license change process was going to
start in earnest. At least a couple of warning bells should have gone
off and red lights start flashing.

But I'm not complaining about that, mistakes happen and it is done deed
now. BUT as you point out
the Australian government has become more flexible about licensing and
there is a fair chance that
either the data could be relicensed under CC-by (which might be
compatible with the ODbL) or that
special permission could be obtained to keep the material in the database.

But instead of trying to help the Australian community resolve this
issue, you and others, keep on
peddling their respective forks-of-the-day, which flatly is simply SPAM
(in your case well disguised).

Simon

PS: and no I don't think that OSM should aspire to be the largest data
rubbish dump in history ....