[OSM-talk] Hitting reset on talk-au

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Jul 11 17:30:03 BST 2011

SimonPoole wrote:
> there is a fair chance that either the data could be relicensed
> under CC-by (which might be compatible with the ODbL)

Absolutely. The Australian government data is CC-BY already (I'm not sure
where this idea it's CC-BY-SA comes from). Negotiating compatibility with
ODbL need not be difficult.

I'm interested that they have a clear statement (on the ausgoal website
Brendan cited) that "Generally, copyright does not protect mere facts." ;)

cheers
Richard