[OSM-talk] Commenting and thumbs up/down feature for changesets

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 11 22:42:42 BST 2011

Hi,

    I just stumbled across a changeset where someone helpfully added a
"toilet:access=customers" to 1350 pubs in the Greeater London area
(thereby adding no information but freshening the time stamp of the
objects, giving the cursory visitor the impression that the pub might
actually have been resurveyed which it very likely hasn't).

This is not a big deal, not something that I would normally write to the
list (or the author) about. It happens all the time, too often to get
upset. But what if I had

1. a facility where I can comment on the perceived usefulness of a
changeset;

2. a facility where I can click a "thumbs down" or "thumbs up" in case I
particularly like or dislike the change;

3. a league table showing the most liked/disliked changesets and their
perpetrators^Wauthors.

Now before I start hacking on something like that - wasn't somebody
toying with the very same idea? Serge, was that you perhaps?

Bye
Frederik