[OSM-talk] Orphaned Relations

Werner Hoch werner.ho at gmx.de
Mon Jul 18 17:07:44 BST 2011

Hi Sarah,

On Sonntag, 17. Juli 2011, Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
> I recently stumbled upon some empty route relations, so I had a
> closer look at the OSM planet and found that there are about
> 10.000 orphaned relations in the database and the number is growing.
>
> With orphaned I mean relations that have no members and are not
> member of any other relation. Some are completely empty but most
> still have some tags. I have created a list of the relations sorted
> by last editing user here:
>
> http://osm.lonvia.de/stuff/orphans.html

I'm running a similar analyses on the planet.
Here are my results:
http://www.h-
renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/02_Relationstypen/empty_relations.html

And the wiki article about it:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Empty_relations

From time to time I'm talking to creators of empty relations or clean
them up carefully.

There are quite a few relations which lost there member by accident.
This relations need to be restored.

Regards
Werner