[OSM-talk] Detecting deleted data?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:33:48 BST 2011

Hi all,
  How does one go about finding out if there used to be data in a
certain area? My memory may be faulty, but I seem to recall that there
used to be ski lift and trail data here: http://osm.org/go/uMQEXjno--.
But at the moment there isn't. The "history" button doesn't seem to be
useful - it seems to show every changeset whose bounding box includes
the area I'm looking at - even when nothing affected by the changeset
is within the area. There's also no summarised metadata about
changesets showing which changesets might include a lot of deletions.

Steve