[OSM-talk] Use of official names Re: shortened names

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:59:41 BST 2011

2011/7/28 Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph at gmail.com>:
>>4. although the tag name is used by Mapnik and others, please don't fulfill
>> the tag "name" for the renderers
>
> Likewise, my favourite annoyance tagging a place name with the English and
> the Arabic [1]:

This is IMHO a hint where we could improve the rendering to overcome
this situation, as it is clearly tagging for the renderers. I guess
the editor who made this edit in Version 31 (before it was consistent)
added the comment: "tripoli. International together with arabic name,
like all other places ." so I'd assume good will.

cheers,
Martin