[OSM-talk] Download only specific nodes in one large area

Gerrit z0idberg at gmx.de
Sun Jul 31 19:34:39 BST 2011

Am 31.07.2011 20:27, schrieb Richard Weait:
> You probably don't want to use the API for this, as it would likely be
> an abuse of the editing API resources.  Have a look at XAPI and
> similar read-only APIs for this sort of data request.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Xapi
>
> This is a quick request against your own local rendering DB.  So you
> might want to set up your own db and remove reliance on an external
> service.  My quick search found ~6000 city points, and ~16000 city
> polygons, world wide.

Well actually I want to upload it again. The number of cities in the
region I want to download is limited, so I think I can handle it. The
problem is just that I would like to have it in a list-like fashion, so
that I can just work it from top to bottom, without any other nodes. I
could do that with an ordinary search in JOSM, i guess, but there still
remains the problem to download everything at first.
But I guess Xapi looks nice for that. I’ll give it a try. Thanks!