[OSM-talk] Rendering error on Mapnik

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:04:30 BST 2011

2011/6/9 Saphy Mo <saphyfar at yahoo.com>:
> I think you are right.
> What should I do? Can I avoid all shapefile and use just only information as
> OSM in the database?
> Or should I wait until better shapefile will be accessible?

First thing would be to check the coastline, if it still has this
error or was corrected in the meantime.

I am not sure if the shapefiles with coastlines can be avoided (in
Mapnik, Osmarender and other renderers don't need shapefiles). There
is an option in osm2pgsql to import coastlines (which per default are
omitted), but you will likely end up with broken coastline geometry
(because somewhere in the world it always will be broken) and maybe
performance problems.

cheers,
Martin