[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF ! + PD / CC0 projects

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 10:45:34 BST 2011

On 12 June 2011 19:29, Nic Roets <nroets at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm much more worried about the effects of a fork. If we spend time
> updating a number of forks, it will detract from time that we could
> have spent mapping.

I was in that frame of thinking 3-6 months ago, but unless something
radical occurs in a very short amount of time the damage will be very
difficult to over come, each day that passes more long term
contributors grow fed up of how the current process has been handled
and leave, possibly forever.

> It's much better if we a democratic process and settle the license one
> and for all. If joining the OSMF is a requirement to vote, then so be
> it. It's only 25 bucks.

Not only would you have to join, but get a more contributor orientated
board elected. Currently it seems at present only companies are being
listened to.

At this point in time, I doubt the situation can be fixed, or even the
effect mitigated since the trust in the current board is completely
lacking.