[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF ! + PD / CC0 projects

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:10:18 BST 2011

I am not saying it is easy.

But if you keep most imports as thier own layers and only merge when
trusted, look at how git manages many branches, you pull only from trusted
branches.  In my module TIGER would be its own layer that would not be
merged at all, it would be kept separate. You would want tools to compare
layers and mark and remove matching items, but I dont see why we need one
monolithic system. A hostile layer would just be kept separate and then
deleted. Users would be able to pull together layers and create views as
needed.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania flossk.org