[OSM-talk] Announce: Beginning of Phase 4 of license change process

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Wed Jun 15 23:23:32 BST 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 14:49 -0400, Josh Doe wrote:

> Perhaps it is trivial, but I have yet to hear of anyone working on a
> script or even pseudocode as to how the "cleanup" will be performed.
>
> Seems like an important item to address IMHO.
> -Josh

According to the implementation plan, sometime after Phase 4 is
implemented, the question will be asked of the community:

"What do we do with the people who have declined or not responded?"

So, never fear, in a few weeks, they (presumably the OSMF) will
(apparently) start asking us (the community) what to do with the now
invalid data.  You didnt actually think they'd plan ahead, after all
theyve only had 2 years and a million other people ask that same
question.  I for one am very interested to see how the question is asked
and how it is responded to, like I think we all are.  I guess we just
have to wait for the phases to kick through before we (the community)
have any idea what theyre planning.

David