[OSM-talk] Announce: Beginning of Phase 4 of license change process

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Thu Jun 16 00:05:09 BST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Murn" <davey at incanberra.com.au>
To: "Josh Doe" <josh at joshdoe.com>
Cc: <talk at openstreetmap.org>; "Richard Fairhurst" <richard at systemed.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Announce: Beginning of Phase 4 of license change
process

> On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 14:49 -0400, Josh Doe wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it is trivial, but I have yet to hear of anyone working on a
>> script or even pseudocode as to how the "cleanup" will be performed.
>>
>> Seems like an important item to address IMHO.
>> -Josh
>
> According to the implementation plan, sometime after Phase 4 is
> implemented, the question will be asked of the community:
>
> "What do we do with the people who have declined or not responded?"
>
> So, never fear, in a few weeks, they (presumably the OSMF) will
> (apparently) start asking us (the community) what to do with the now

This point was confirmed in the minutes of last nights LWG meeting  [1]
"The LWG will not push for data removals ... this should be a community
question.  It will instead continue to work for as many acceptances as
possible."

Though I suppose it is possible that even though the LWG will not push for
data removal, that the main OSMF board may decide to do so.

David

[1]  https://docs.google.com/View?id=dd9g3qjp_120fdghcpj3