[OSM-talk] Bing aerial imagery priorities

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:52:12 BST 2011

On 17 June 2011 13:19, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> There are numerous programs that exist which show the density of mapping
> in certain areas.  Maybe it would be useful to find the more heavily
> mapped areas that dont have coverage?

That's making assumptions that larger towns are mapped already,
however when I go looking there is plenty of towns very poorly mapped
that have no aerial imagery available.

Major and semi-major transport corridors would be good as well.

> Personally, Id like to see the coverage extended along the east coast of
> Australia, in many areas the coverage seems to cover huge regional areas
> but then stops short of the townships.  Id also like to throw in a vote

eg Lightning Ridge

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-29.4282&lon=147.9793&zoom=14&layers=M