[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF !

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jun 18 20:42:43 BST 2011

Dermot McNally writes:
 > In a democracy, a majority decides which way a decision should
 > fall.

It's still not a democracy.

 > In our "vote"

It's still not a vote, and calling it a "vote" instead of a vote
doesn't help matters.

 > Not my intention - everybody is free to explain what they meant by
 > "yes". My point is, if enough people say "yes", it's fair to take them
 > at their word and to proceed with the licence change.

It's still not a vote, and you can't claim support for the process. If
you want to look at the poll numbers, only 20% are actually in favor
of the license change -- the other 80% are either indifferent or
actively hostile.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog