[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF !

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jun 18 22:13:46 BST 2011

Replying to myself ... I know ... But I was thinking while I was out
mowing the lawn. It's NOT necessary for OSM or the OSMF to be a
democracy. It's simply necessary to provide an environment where
people can contribute to the map and share their contributions with
other people. If accomplishing this means sometimes dragging people
kicking and screaming, then that's what it means.

But don't call it a democracy and don't call seeking accommodation
"voting" or if a majority of accommodation is achieved, call it
"approval".
-russ