[OSM-talk] bulk_upload.py consistently results in 500 server error

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 19 20:30:27 BST 2011

On 19-6-2011 18:54, Grant Slater wrote:

> Yes the reason the upload was was failing was due to a "Precondition
> Fail" error (aka deleted node or similar)

Would now be a prudent time to ask the TS ('KKL Import') why he is
uploading such a huge dataset[1] in one operation? To me that sounds
like just asking for trouble, and trouble is what he got.

If you upload 600k nodes, before you get on to uploading the ways that
use those nodes, you should absolutely _not_ be surprised when someone
comes along and deletes one of those nodes before you upload the
relevant way. The chances of something like this happening rise
immensely with time and the amount of floating nodes you're accumulating.

[1] "~600k nodes, ~4k ways, 280 relations"

--
Lennard