[OSM-talk] highway=cycleway or highway=path

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:31:20 BST 2011

Locally they dump snow on them in winter.  At minus thirty for some reason
we don't get many cyclists probably because of the snow banks on the paved
shoulder.  A cycle lane by the side of the road is different, they get
ploughed in winter and even at minus thirty you see a few cyclists, I think
its 4% of the summer numbers.

Local conditions vary, as a cyclist you want to know if the shoulder is
paved its safer especially in the summer and they are paved specifically for
cyclist but sort of seasonal.

Cheerio John