[OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

Henk Hoff toffehoff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:31:57 BST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:

> n 24 June 2011 19:31, Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:
>> > We have almost completed work so that the page link goes out with each
>> and
>> > every extraction of geodata ever made (planet dump, API, ...) which is
>> the
>> > important thing. Good point though, and I have requested appropriate
>> changes
>> > to the "Copyright and License" page.
>>

> fosm.org has a link, indirectly, to that page and all the appropriate
> copyright notices in it's API.  Can anyone see any problems with how we are
> doing that?

I can see problems with fosm.org having the Attribution-link deeplinken to
the Attribution page on the openstreetmap wiki. Just to name two:
1) It suggests that fosm and osm are one and the same. which they are not.
2) fosm will not / cannot attribute those who only work on fosm.

Personally I don't care much about the second issue. That's with fosm and
it's contributors. If their contributors don't want to be attributed, that's
up to them.

Cheers,
Henk