[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] all our addresses are belong to you

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Mar 4 17:31:44 GMT 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Flambeaux at gmail.com <flambeaux at gmail.com> wrote:
> MapQuest is providing several address files that contain user-provided
> latitude and longitude locations across the world. Our users provided
> these exact locations to us so that they could be mapped correctly on
> our MapQuest maps.

I like the idea of the user-contributed "please map me" addresses.

I like the idea of the map-bug type of "please fix me" bug reports.

But I wonder if we could get a higher quality of bug report by getting
a tighter connection to the reporter of the bug / request?  There have
been many reports of bugs with insufficient data, and now we are
seeing address requests with unclear references.  I wonder if
bug-reports, etc. with an included contact email would lead to better
results for the bug reporter and the OSMer who responds?  Might it
also lead to big reporters becoming OSM contributors?

It is left as a project for the reader to figure out a way to
helpfully connect bug reporters with bug squishers.  ;-)