[OSM-talk] SSL endpoint for OpenStreetMap API?

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Fri Mar 4 19:21:04 GMT 2011

Is there an SSL endpoint for the OpenStreetMap API? I.e. I tried to use:

  https://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6

To upload my changes from Merkaartor, but I get HTTP Error 400 when trying to use this endpoint.

My ISP has some kind of caching HTTP proxy that mangles requests (this can't be too uncommon?), so my uploads with the non-SSL API fail (error 400, 403, 500, etc). I either go to a coffee shop to upload, or use an SSH tunnel which lately has been unconvenient and unreliable. If the OSM API was available over SSL, I could bypass that caching proxy. Are there any easy solutions for me/others in the same boat?

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

All the passions make us commit faults; love makes us commit the most ridiculous ones.
-- La Rochefoucauld (422)