[OSM-talk] Crisis mapping - assistance requested for infrastructure mapping in Tohoku/Japan

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Mar 16 07:05:58 GMT 2011

I heard from several foreigners, that one problem to help is that they often
can't read what's written on Japanese websites.
Some convenient tool, that is easy to install as extension for Chrome is
called "rikaikun":
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/jipdnfibhldikgcjhfnomkfpcebammhp

It helps a lot to translate city names for example or small paragraphs,
probably not complete websites (and no flash and images).

Otherwise don't hesitate to ask in English on the OSM talk-ja mailing list
or in IRC (irc.oftc.net #sinsai-info).
Even if the people there mainly use Japanese, there will be someone
to answer your questions or help with translations.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de