[OSM-talk] New Logo in the Wiki

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 02:23:42 BST 2011

Just a comment, I suspect the discussion we are having about the changes to
the logo and license etc are a symptom of something much deeper.  I do get
the feeling that there is a disconnect between what is being perceived and
what the intentions are.  There seems to be a perception floating in the air
that there is no need to discuss implications and that what we need is
strong decision makers.  This is not a corporation where you can hire and
fire people at will or threaten them with no pay raises.  OSM needs to have
mappers on side.  It has grown very quickly these maybe just growth pains.

It could be that those at the top are finding life stressful, certain
members have recently changed their employment which can in itself be a
stressful time.

I'm not certain what the solution is I just hope it isn't complete
self-destruct for OSM.

Do we have any ways to relieve the pressure? I'm not even sure if we elect
directors for a two year term or use other formal methods which have been
used in other organizations.

Cheerio John