[OSM-talk] Geofabrik Download Server Update

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:19:16 BST 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> Richard:
> You can consider using osmembrane[1] which is a GUI on top of osmosis. I
> haven't tested it on Windows but I guess there's no reason it shouldn't
> work. It makes working with osmosis a much gentler experience ;).
> [1] http://osmembrane.de/

I'm not sure if downloading a second package is really what I have in
mind: just a simple howto which uses dos file paths rather than linux
ones, and tells me which bits are programs (which need to be
obtained), and which bits are commands to those programs.

I'm sure it's not that difficult to puzzle out, but a few clues would
make it easier.

Richard