[OSM-talk] Geofabrik Download Server Update

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:24:17 BST 2011

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I'd love to but before I start making smaller files for Australia I
> think I'll do something in the US.

That would be great!

Currently, I think only Cloudmade are offering state level extracts (much
more managable than the larger extracts) for the US and unfortunately they
are updated very infrequently. The last update being 15th of March. Also
they don't offer the much more efficient osm.pbf format.

Both make the Cloudmade extracts much less useful to work with, so imho it
would be a great help if you could offer the daily extracts for the US as
well.

Altogether, I think those daily country extracts are one of the most useful
"tools" for working with OSM data, so I'd like to send a great thanks to
Geofabrik for providing the resource to offer this valuable service.

Kai