[OSM-talk] FAQs from help.osm.org

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri May 6 20:15:58 BST 2011

On 06/05/11 19:31, Nic Roets wrote:

> I really want to avoid the delays that another round of discussion and
> eventual hardware purchases will bring. So I'm willing to pay for
> hosting on Amazon during a trial period. That will give us the ability
> to scale infinitely. It will also give us time to find the most
> appropriate hardware and raise the necessary donations.

Have you asked the sysadmins if they would consider such a solution
acceptable? I would certainly be against it.

> So the only remaining issue is for the sysadmins to apply, test and
> deploy the patch they received.

To the best of my knowledge the sysadmins have never received any such
patch. Indeed as far as I know it doesn't exist.

I originally understood that what you had on dev was a properly
integrated solution but I now understand that it is in fact just static
HTML and JS code that has been bolted on the side of the rails code.

If I'm wrong then please correct me and send me the patch to review.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/