[OSM-talk] FAQs from help.osm.org

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri May 6 21:03:43 BST 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Nic Roets <nroets at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

>>> Would be awesome and is already possible for a while. See:
>>> http://nroets.dev.openstreetmap.org/demo/ (select the 'routing' layer).
>>
>> This one seems much faster, though with fewer options.
>> http://routingdemo.geofabrik.de/
>
> Richard,
>
> I'm not sure when you last tried it.

Today, before I sent my email.  It may have been a temporary issue,
but a half-dozen or so routes I tried were much faster on the
geofabrik routing demo.  On the other hand, the nroets demo has
wonderful options for non-car routing that would be great for testing
walking / cycling connectivity.  But so what?  I'm just one user.  I'm
not writing the code to make it work; it all just looks like magic to
me.