[OSM-talk] GPS Logger

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Nov 13 04:00:09 GMT 2011

Sajjad Anwar writes:
 > I've been trying to find out a basic GPS data logger. A friend used
 > the Holux m-241
 > http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/products/products_content.jsp?pno=341
 > Are there any other similar best buy devices that someone here has come across?

I love my Columbus / Visiontac V-900. It's compact, has a long battery
life, will stream bluetooth and logs to a micro-SD card. It also
records georeferenced audio notes. It's got a few flaws, but I've
learned to live with them. For the price ($102 with Amazon Prime), you
can't beat it. There's a new version without bluetooth for $75. I
would go buy one (since it has a newer GPS chip) but I just recently
bought a third V-900 because my second V-900 had an accident in the
clothes washer.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog