[OSM-talk] Blocked applications at tile server

Andrew Gregory andrew.gregory at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 01:06:46 GMT 2011

(Sorry, slip of the finger sent a blank email...)

Regarding mobile mapping apps for Android, I'm a part-time developer of
Vespucci. A few months back I did a lot of stability work and it now hardly
ever crashes for me. I also improved the map tiles by adding support for
many different layers (esp Bing).

Major items missing are relation support and improved GPS logging. I'm too
busy right now to work on them, but if nothing has happened in a few months
when I should have some spare time, then those would be my priority.

Nevertheless, I'm using Vespucci now to do bicycle surveying, adding new
roads not on aerial photography, and collecting street names. I imagine it
would be quite good for handling walking trails.

Andrew