[OSM-talk] Blocked applications at tile server

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Nov 22 02:24:05 GMT 2011

Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Ideally we would have dedicated smartphone mapping apps, for which we
> would
> happily permit tile/API access. No, I'm not volunteering to write one,
> but I
> have a suspicion we'll see at least one such app within the year. ;)

There are dozens of such dedicated smartphone mapping apps, for many different smartphones, as you will find if you search the OSM wiki.  They have been around for years; I started using my first such app, on a Blackberry, about three years ago.  I have several dedicated mapmaking apps on my current Android phone.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com