[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Overpass API: new big server, IPv6

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 09:39:13 GMT 2011

Side issue re. Overpass API....

How might it compare with the osm2pgsql route (in performance, and memory usage for the import process) for running a local API for a fairly small area, and with limited data, e.g. highways and wood/water feature polygons in the UK?

I have rather limited memory on my server space (that's just the way it is) - importing data with osm2pgsql can be a challenge, is Overpass more efficient?

Thanks,
Nick