[OSM-talk] GNIS quality improvement, was: USGS Topo maps

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Nov 28 18:57:11 GMT 2011

On that matter -- I've been working on an idea for a GNIS microtasking
platform. What it would do is:

* Show a random non-improved GNIS point in your neighborhood - name + map
* Allow you to 1) drag the point to the correct location, 2) flag it
as no longer existing or 3) flag it as incorrect name.
* The collected improvements would be pushed to OpenStreetBugs or
something similar.

I already have a skeleton app but wanted to get some feedback on the
idea before I move forward. Anyone interested in helping develop this?
Ideally it would be adaptable to any point data imports that need
similar cleanup.

Martijn