[OSM-talk] user rankings

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Thu Sep 8 21:51:21 BST 2011

On 08.09.2011 12:54, Tobias Knerr wrote:
> Instead of rankings for individual contributors, I prefer attempts to
> measure progress towards meaningful goals. A "completion" statistic for
> road names, for example, does encourage mappers to work towards the
> goal, but at the same time _encourages cooperation_.

I like this idea. Do you already think about some metrics?
I know the "Straßenliste" in Germany where street names are checked for
completeness.
Or the matrix that was used for the aerial mapping in the Oberpfalz.

Are there building blocks available to create custom statistics?

For the reports.osm-tools.org I had started something like this. The
reports are stored in a database, a front-end presents the results in a
unified form.
I did not proceed with it as there are had not been enough mappers to
proceed with the bilingual naming. Too many foreigners mapping. On the
yearly graph you can still see the times we worked on the issue.

A webpage could host multiple custom statistics and present a nice
graphical representation.

Stephan