[OSM-talk] Komuna e Malishevs, Serbia ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:58:35 BST 2012

Am 2. April 2012 16:44 schrieb Mike <mike.cuttlers at gmail.com>:
>> I did not pretend they did, but I like to point out that them being > part
>> of Serbia is also disputed. It is clear that there is no clear > status for
>> them at the moment, and I support that this uncertainty is > also somehow
>> reflected in our map.
>
> Have I said it differently? I just pointed out that it should not be allowed
> that someone proclaims status different that what it really is.

actually you wrote that the status is clearly Serbian, which it isn't.
There are arguments which support this view, but there are also strong
indices which point out the opposite. Besides that the population
doesn't see it like this and has their own government (i.e. the
Serbian government has no power over this area) there are also 89
states out of 194 who have already recognized Kosovo as state. This is
clearly an intermediate situation, not a final stable situation, but
declaring Kosovo as ordinary part of Serbia would be ignoring the
facts.

cheers,
Martin