[OSM-talk] Komuna e Malishevs, Serbia ?

Mike mike.cuttlers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:01:39 BST 2012

On 02.04.12. 16:58, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
 > Am 2. April 2012 16:44 schrieb Mike<mike.cuttlers at gmail.com>:
 >>> I did not pretend they did, but I like to point out that them
being>  part
 >>> of Serbia is also disputed. It is clear that there is no clear>
status for
 >>> them at the moment, and I support that this uncertainty is>  also
somehow
 >>> reflected in our map.
 >>
 >> Have I said it differently? I just pointed out that it should not be
allowed
 >> that someone proclaims status different that what it really is.
 >

 > actually you wrote that the status is clearly Serbian, which it isn't.

I said that status should be according to international law, and by
international law, status stays until changed. Kosovo i Metohija by
international law is part of Serbia until it is decided otherwise.

 > This is
 > clearly an intermediate situation, not a final stable situation, but
 > declaring Kosovo as ordinary part of Serbia would be ignoring the
 > facts.

And declaring that Kosovo i Metohija is independent is not ignoring the
facts? That is what is going on on OSM map: someone decided to declare
independence as fact and acts accordingly.

As I said, Kosovo and Metohija may be considered independent only after
it is officially recognized as such by international agreements. That
did not happen, and surely will not happen soon due to current political
environment. So, it is VERY wrong to treat it independent on OSM map, as
it would be wrong in any other similar case.