[OSM-talk] An example photo/video mapping trip

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Thu Apr 12 10:46:39 BST 2012

Am 11.04.2012 10:57, schrieb hbogner:
> I was thinking of doing something similar, but I was thinking of buying
> a car camera (something like this http://is.gd/D3WNYL ) but don't know
> is it any good for mapping.
> Anyone used video recordings for mapping.
> I tried video mapping plugin for josm, but it won't load.

Well as it turned out on my bachelor thesis about videomapping, the most
devices are good enough. Pay attention to 15$ keycams from china, as the
compression is quit high and they are very buggy. But anything like
iPhone or Pocket Camcorder will work, if you consider some restrictions
(reflections in windows, limited field of view, ...)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Video_mapping

Matthias
(user:!i!)